dinsdag 10 december 2013

Today's Column: the end of Provadja as we know it



Another column of mind own had got published on MS, this time dealing with a tragic topic (for me at least):

http://www.moviescene.nl/p/151898/column_het_einde_van_provadja_in_alkmaar

I'm certainly gonna miss Provadja. The relaxed, cinephile atmosphere, the lack of pressure from managers I experience at my real job, the proximity to home, the historic building and most of all the good movies and kind audience. Even when Filmhuis Alkmaar works out in everybody's favor and will open this February, and even if I do resume my previous duties in this new direction, it just won't be the same. I imagine it's much harder for those that lived with and loved Provadja for decades than for me, since I only worked there (as a volunteer too) for nigh 18 months. I'm glad I did though, those were good times. Here's to hoping Filmhuis Alkmaar will prove to be similarly enjoyable, blessed with the same longevity of 43 years (or more). Farewell Provadja!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten