donderdag 10 oktober 2013

Today's Top-10: Audio Commentaries




Here's another first for me: a top-10 list. I had been tempted to do one for ages, but I never could find a (fairly) original subject. Eventually I settled on the topic of audio commentaries, which - though not unique - is not a commonly discussed subject, despite the wealth of informative anecdotes, first-hand experiences and overally funny stories they often contain. So that's what I decided to make a top-10 about, and this link will show you the result:

http://www.moviescene.nl/p/150432/top_10_audiocommentaren

It really was more a case of narrowing these ten movies down, than writing stuff about them down. For every movie I picked, there's three more that didn't make the cut. And of course this remains a subjective list, since it only covers audio commentaries I am familiar with (but fortunately there's still a lot of those!). I could of course have scoured the Web for popular commentaries, but I didn't want to be influenced too much by what I found, so undoubtedly there's a few terribly fascinating or notorious commentary tracks I missed out on, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, since other seasoned movie veterans can now patch in and name some more noteworthy commentaries, while I may likewise have pointed them in the right direction to expand their own knowledge. It makes top-10 lists a rather mutual process: either you wholly agree with my picks (unlikely), you disagree and point out material better suited in your opinion (which could be a learning curve for me), or you were not familiar with the ones I mentioned and decide to check them out for yourself. Everyone's a winner.

Incidentally, I did do some online checking in hindsight when my top-10 was done, and found out that many similiar lists include the delightful Tropic Thunder track. Guess that one comes reommended by more people than just me. You might want to watch that one then. Or more precisely, listen to it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten