vrijdag 3 mei 2013

Today's Column: Jurassic Park and its new Dutch rating

This just went up at MovieScene, thus making my first column a fact:

http://www.moviescene.nl/p/146806/column_%E2%80%93_jurassic_park:_van_al_naar_12_in_twintig_jaar

The thing about a column like this is it leaves little to comment on here when linking it from MS, since it already is one long public rant comment of mine, strongly featuring my own opinion. I can of course go a little deeper into the fact this is my first column in general, instead of solely for MovieScene. I wasn't even asked to write a column for that site - they have actual columnists doing that on a regular basis - but I felt very strongly about this rating issue with regard to my all-time favorite film and I needed to blow some steam about it. And preferably spread the word about the insanity of this situation, so I would get people to agree with me it's just silly Jurassic Park was once rated 'All Ages Admitted' while now it's for 12 years and up. So I simply wrote an opinionated piece on it and send it to the guys at MS just in case they might think it appropriate for the site (despite the piece running well over the established word limit, but that's usual in my case, as it has always been since my college days). If they had passed on it, I would have posted it here in its entirety instead of just the above link, despite the piece being written in Dutch. After all, a column like this is truly the stuff of blogs, and this blog so far has witnessed little that might qualify as a bonafide column. Of course I have given my opinion on matters I personally care about many times before, but those were usually hidden (not so cleverly I must add) in reviews and news postings, which constitute different formats of writing. Will I write more columns in the future? Probably so, but it depends on my experiences and my perception of those being column material. No promises!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten