dinsdag 12 maart 2013

Today's News: Trainspotting 2?

Here's a little bit of film news for all you lovers of little bits of film news:

http://www.moviescene.nl/p/145316/boyle_wil_trainspotting_2_maken

Please disregard the blatant error in word use in the second sentence, it's not mine. Apparently the editor on MovieScene didn't understand what I was saying so he thought he'd better edit it to make it more clear. He failed.

My opinion on this news? (If you can call it that, since it's all just in the planning stages at the moment.) In all honesty, I haven't seen Trainspotting (yet). A movie nerd is only as good as the movies he's seen. (Speaking of which, I saw a ghastly, abysmal movie last night, the review of which will soon be up on MovieScene and thus on this, my blog, as well.) That said, I am not a big fan of revisiting certain films after several decades just because the writers/director suddenly got nostalgic about earlier work/want to milk more cash out of the younger generation. The results are rarely impressive and tend to even hurt the movies they follow (cough*Indiana Jones*cough). Danny Boyle however is a fairly serious, accomplished and intelligent director, so he might indeed make a good follow-up out of it, but it remains to be seen whether one is actually desired by the general audience.

And I might seen Trainspotting somewhere down the line. Eventually. When I'm done reviewing bad films for MovieScene maybe.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten