woensdag 30 januari 2013

In Memoriam: Draco

Today is January 30. Exactly one year ago today, my beloved cat Draco was put to sleep because of an untreatable liver illness. She was only eight years old and spent most of that time in my company. It's safe to say she wouldn't want it any other way, since she had a hard time getting along with anybody else, be it cat or human, but me. This of course was the reason she moved in with me and we had a great, though in hindsight all too short, few years together before her health turned ill. After two months of increasing suffering, my mother eventually decided to end her misery while I was away. Unfortunately this meant I was not there at her end, a fact I will regret forever. I took her death pretty hard and will always be feeling sad at this particular date. However, Draco's demise led me to the creation of this blog to help me put my mind to other things than her absence. Death can apparently lead to constructive creativity.


Thanks for the fond memories, dear cat. And thanks for those four great sons of yours that continue to be a blast to hang around with, even though none of them live at my place.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten